Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Its not that Im slacking... exactly...

Life is so damn crazy! As I sit here, I have about 5 minutes to kill before my husband gets home with Indian food (Priya, thank you for existing, you are most exquisite). And then we will have 15 minutes to eat before this college kid, Tim, gets here and we teach him how to take care of the girls (chickens) for the next 6 days. And then when he leaves we have to pack for 6 days in Hood River, OR. Which is cold at night, hot in the day. We are camping half the time, hotel staying half the time. So all things must be packed. Then we get up early, and drive 8 hours to Hood River. We practice. We race. We drink beers.

And so it goes, every other weekend, a race, a ride, a vacation (life is good!)- but time for updates? NO! Things to update about? Too many to count!

Bikes: I'm currently stoked, super stoked, on DH and enduro riding. I learned to hit some bigger drops, and take some bigger risks, albeit small compared to the boys. I've come in 4th in TWO enduro races (heartbreak, I was almost 3rd in Ashland, and a chick from Canada who descended like a mother beat me by 9 seconds out of 54 minutes. Eff.) So this weekend is enduro #3. Wish me luck.

New Zealand: My agency, Accent Healthcare, has contacted my 'referees'. These are my references who are graciously filling out 5 page packets regarding my nursing qualifications/characteristics as a person. I dont think my manager is too stoked about this process- but hey, she'll be rid of me soon! I'm expecting my license to be finalized by the end of this month, fingers crossed. We're still hoping for a November move date.

Life: We lost 2 chickens. I never knew I could be so heartbroken. Those fluffy 2-dollar pea-brained girls worked their way into my heart and I didn't realize how much I'd become attached... Gory details arent necessary, but lets just say if a certain raccoon, or really any raccoon traipses through my yard, I will be the last thing it sees. Scramble is our only original girl left. And we have 2 new chickens, because apparently, upon extensive research, chickens rarely survive alone. They're flock birds, and a solo hen will die, basically of loneliness. They need someone to squawk at,....


Squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



My dinner is here. Until next time.................

1 comment:

  1. MAN you are busy! I miss your face already, lady! You are kicking some major butt in the bike area, I am so proud of you! And a move date in Nov?! So soon!

    ReplyDelete