YES! My fingerprint report returned from the FBI. FINALLY! This means I can send my packet to NZ, and wipe my mind clear until they respond.
WRONG.
Its my own damn fault. I somehow forgot (?) to get notarized copies of my passport and nursing license. Scream. Ok. Went to UPS. Did that.
What??? They want a copy of the number of hours I've worked in the last 36 months on Enloe letterhead? When did this become an effing requirement. Shit. Call to Ashley to vent. Call to HR. They'll have it done by the end of the day. (Gayle in HR, you deserve one of those silly compliment cards).
Ok, done. Because I'm tired, frustrated, and just want it done, I'm going to meticulously list the crap I've collected for these people so that I can relocate my ass, help their nursing shortage, and caring tend to their sick & wounded:
3 page application with notary certifying my honesty ($10)
Certified copy of my passport ($10)
Certified copy of my nursing license ($10)
Actual copy of my marriage license ($32)
Copy of my IELTS (English test) results ($200)
Copy of my police record (finger prints $11, FBI charge $36)
My Curriculum Vitae
2 professional references
1 personal reference
Letter verifying the number of hours I've worked in the last 3 years
I've painstakingly filled out all forms, carefully so there are no mistakes. No white-out. No smudges.
Wait for it. Are you friggin serious??? NOWHERE on the ENTIRE NZ nursing council website is their freaking ADDRESS. Where do you send all your shit? No wonder I dont know anyone else who has done this- it makes you certifiably mad. No, I don't need a friggin notary to certify my insanity right now.
So I've got frantic emails out to the council and my recruiting company. Please email me back today. PLEASE.
In other news, we went to Hawaii, it was awesomely awesome, and Spring Thaw (re: my first race ever last year) is next weekend. More on that when I can see straight.
i'm 99% sure that it's the universe way of letting you know that NZ is NOT the way to go and HI is :) Someone who loves you very much lives there! (just picture that on a cheesy teeshirt)
ReplyDelete