Ok, I know it's been forever...
And it's not that I haven't had motivation. I just haven't had motivation to write. Kind of a lot has happened since I last blogged (which, I have no idea when that was... I should read my last post. Or not.) And kind of nothing at all has happened. Highlights of the last 2-ish months:
1) My fingerprints are currently getting closely scrutinized by the FBI, hopefully they don't find the body in my basement (KIDDING, FBI GUYS). As soon as my record comes in the mail, my nursing license packet will be sent to the NZ nursing council!
2) I've been riding a ton. My legs have never been so strong. Or big. Concessions I have to make I suppose.
3) I revisited Chicago, still love it, and with every vacation my cup becomes full again.
4) Also recently spent time in Oregon, Santa Cruz, San Luis Obispo, and Colorado. You'd think my cup would be overflowing, but with every return I am planning and plotting my next vacation. I truly live to travel, and cant wait to be in a place that inspires me, but that I can call home. At least for a little while.
5) One of my closest friends adopted 2 beautiful girls. My BFF from college is pregnant with her 2nd. About 50 co-workers are with child. And I feel like every person on Facebook is over-sharing about their current cravings and pregnant bodily functions. I am particularly happy for the first two mentioned above... but seriously, what is in the water right now? I'm not drinking it. Only beer for this girl.
6) We hired a guy to expedite our visas once I have a job in NZed, so our current projected farewell party will be Oct-Dec 2012. Mark your calender.
7) I discovered that I've been missing the absolute bliss that is peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Why didn't someone tell me about this, like, years ago?
8) My dogwood tree bloomed for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS is actually exciting!
So see, not that much has happened in the last couple of months. Yesterday though, yesterday is almost worth blogging about. Yesterday I got up, had a healthy breakfast, paid bills, did 5 loads of laundry, went to yoga, had a healthy lunch, worked out a little, did the ironing and dishes, and then thought, yes superwoman, you can go on a bike ride to finish up your last day of vacation. So a friend of mine and a few other guys rallyed up the hill for a shuttle run. I was the slowest (per usual) but resolved to ride my heart out to try to keep up.
Fast forward 1/3 of the way down the trail. I feel like I'm gettin' it pretty good. Im in front of one girl (because shes exhausted and on her brothers bike but hey, I'll take it). And then it happens. A huge boulder at the top of a rocky descent catches my pedal. Im in full force. My bike stops. I do not. In slow motion I super-woman face fucking first into the rocky hillside. (If you know Bidwell park, you know there is no other kind of hillside). I actually feel my knee and knuckles break my fall, and I think for a split second that my face will be saved. And then it smacks the ground. Hard.
I take inventory. Is anything broken? I hear a few gasps (embarrassing) and everyone's asking me if Im ok. I guess so. My knuckles are numb, my shoulders and arms have roadrash, and my knee wont hold my weight. But I'm cool. And then everyone starts saying what a badass I look like. And I feel hotness all over my face. Not a good way... a very bloody way. GREAT.
So my left eye looks like the recipient of somebody's right hook. I have a little split by my eyebrow, my lid is swollen and theres roadrash on my temple. Thank god for my helmet, which has a sizeable dent in it. I am so not looking forward to everyone's comments at work tomorrow.... They dont really get me.
8 days until Hawaii. It cant come soon enough.
your face was beautiful in hawaii! how did you heal so quickly? and yes, stay away from the water if you don't want any rugrats :) miss you so much already, can't believe i missed your text! way too sad about that..
ReplyDelete