Yesterday, during the throes of a tedious work class, I got the email. The confirmation. The affirmative: Step 1 of NZ nursing application is received. There was one hiccup, of course. Remember the letter stating how many hours I've worked as an RN? Well the payroll employee didnt physically sign it. So it's worthless. BUT STILL. All attention to Computerized Physician Order Entry left my already wandering brain. Holy shit, they know we're coming!
On to step 2!
So in my typical slacker fashion, I immediately signed up for an LC (day off) of work today- and got it! I scurried around all morning, and by 11AM have accomplished as much of step 2 as I can.
I ordered Chico State official transcripts.
I personally handed a packet to the Dean of CSUC Nursing School to fill out and send directly to NZ.
I wrote a check for $60 (why so $$?!) with an application form to the California board of registered nursing (BRN) so that they can send license verification to NZ.
I went back to Enloe's payroll and had the very sweet lady who wrote the letter print out a new one had her sign it.
So next week I will take my transcripts & a pre-posted envelope to the Dean, and she will combine those with her letter and send it off. And Step 2 of 2 for applying for my nursing license will be COMPLETE.
Despite minor setbacks and constant testing of my patience, I'm feeling incredibly positive!!!
In other news, the Spring Thaw DH race was 2 weeks ago. It has been my favorite race of the year for however many years I've been going to watch Scott race. And although it never disappoints, it's not the same when most of the usual suspects cant make it. I think it may just be a new era- and I can't wait for all the Oregon races!
That being said, I was super happy with the way my weekend went! We did TONS of awesome riding. It was the opposite of last year- no snowflakes and mud puddles. It was dry and fast as hell- scary fast! But I have an awesome coach (husband) who taught me to corner well, and in this race, that is key! I won my class (cat 2 or "sport" class), and came in dead middle in all the girls. 6/12. Not many chicks race bikes, if ya weren't aware. Even though the girls' times were varied over about 3 minutes, there were seven of us that all had a time within a 30 second window. 2 real fast chicks, 3 um... more leisurely ones. Its nice to know I'm in the mix.
Unfortunately, watching sport class girls isn't on everyone's priority list (see: getting drunk), so there aren't any pictures of me this year. Someone snapped one of me on the podium by myself, but that picture also hasn't surfaced... oh well!
I'm super thankful to have bike racing to distract me from New Zealand this summer- anticipation will kill you. And I'm so freaking excited!!!!
WHY must it be so hard for you to nurse in nz?! jeez louise! and super proud of you for your bike racing. you are such a daredevil, lady!
ReplyDelete