But as I looked through pictures, I remembered. I remembered how truly awe-inspiring every stop was. From ocean to rainforest, high desert to mountains. This playground of land and water and birds is going to be our home. We're going to have the opportunity to go back to this one little B&B that I cant stop thinking about. We're going to get to ride those amazing, stunningly scenic trails. We're going to be friends with the friendliest people.
I know I'm all hearts and flowers right now, and I know it really wont be easy (at all). But I am so damn excited.
| Bungee-ing. Serious NZ past time. Look at that water. |
![]() |
| Us in Alexandra. I'm not sure why, but we have serious love for this town. |
| This is what a completely random hike looks like. Daily life. |
| Mountains, glaciers, rainforest. |
And a bit of awesomeness: We have completed stage 2 of 2! The New Zealand Nursing Council contacted me on June 2, and informed us that they received our application packet, cashed our check, and we'd been processed to stage 2. So I contacted the Board of Registered Nursing, and they'll be sending a verified copy of my license to NZ ($60 for that piece of paper). And I got my Chico State transcripts together, brought them to the dean of the School of Nursing, who was actually super helpful, and she filled out her portion of the paperwork. That whole packet was sent off on my birthday (June 11). So now we wait. Somewhere between 4 and 12 weeks, and I should have a license. Which means I will get a job. Which means we will have no problems getting visas. Which means we go. Live. In. New Zealand.
Sweet As.

No comments:
Post a Comment