Thursday, December 1, 2011

Goals

I spent this morning looking at the requirements for nursing in New Zealand. Ok, I meet those. But to prove it, I need to send in copies of all my transcripts, take a $200 English test, declare that I am fit, physically and mentally to be a nurse in NZ, get 2 letters from my bosses regarding what an exemplary employee I am, send $485 with my application, get a notary to sign off on my honest filling out of the application with the thumbprints and everything, oh and find the invisible magical kiwi unicorn fairy, capture her, and offer the dust from her wings as a peace offering to the NZ Nursing Council. Eff.
So $685 just to apply to be a nurse, without even mentioning the costs coupled with applying for our skilled migrant worker visas. Oh, and currently its approximately 12 months to get your nursing license. Eff. Eff. Eff.

Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming,  just keep pedaling.

Short term goals to keep me going though: Theres a 12 mile bike race in Ashland every year (12 Mile Super D), and I'm gonna do it! This year it is on June 23, which may seem like a long way away, but I need that time. It's a lot harder than any race I've done before (as I have to go up hill), and I'm going to have to train my ass off to be competitive for it. But that's what I want to be. Competitive. Fit.
 So here's to goals, long term and short term. Here's to doing what we always said we would do. It's not New Year's Resolutions and it's not setting goals so someone else will notice. Its about strength, mentally and physically. The stronger you are, the better you feel.

What's your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment