Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's a bird... it's a plane.... it's.....

SUPERWIFE!!  

CRAZYWIFE!!!!

This last week has been nuts. Let me break it down.

6 weeks ago I decided to throw my husband a surprise 30th birthday party. It ended up being a double surprise party, so my friend and I put it on together. If you havent thrown a surprise party before, let me tell you something: you must lie. Lie to your husband, keep track of said lies, weave in more lies, until you are so tangled, that you forget what you said and make random shit up that sounds good, just so he wont find out about the damn party! Its exhausting....

But all of my stressing and planning and lying paid off. We got the guys good, and we had a great party.


Mountain bike cake made my yours truly!


So prior to the party, the (clueless) husband wants to put on a bike race, on the same day as his surprise party. I cant say no... he'd be suspicious. Oh, you want me to be a timer for your race? Cant say no, that would be suspicious. And on top of it, I was invited to a sleep over (the first since I was 16...) the night before the party. So yes, I went. I got a couple hours of sleep, came home and was the timer/organizer for husband's bike race. The race went well though, and I even got a little mind clearing ride time to myself.

Me and my massive oversized backpack full of race trophies and timing stuff... oh, and beautiful Chico!

Oh and in my last act of insanity, the Tuesday before the surprise party (when I should have been shopping, decorating, brainstorming...) I decided to tile our bathroom floor. By  myself. With no experience. Although, if I may give myself a wifely pat on the back, I think it turned out pretty sweet....

Old hideous floor

Thats right, just slap the tiles right on top!

New and beautiful! I just need to put the door jams back!


Super-wife? Ha, no, but pretty sure I deserve a medal. Or a cape. 

So back to boring-life. No more lying to my (over-the-hill) husband. No more stressing about ruined surprises. No more cleaning up after keg stands and cake fights. Couldn't be happier. Today its just me, yoga, my bike, and maybe some inspiration cookin' in the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You ARE an amazing wife :) Love your new tiles too. i want to see your house!

    ReplyDelete