2. Scott's good friend's new girlfriend just got a mountain bike. This is so exciting... This like, increases the amount of girls I have to ride with by 66%! She may be a beginner but she is fit, and enthusiastic. And really, the latter is all you need to have fun.
3. My second DH race! At the end of October there will be a race in Weaverville, CA, which I've been to as a spectator before, but obviously never raced. I dont even know what the course looks like. But I'm excited to test my luck/my husband's patience again and give racing another shot.
4. Oktoberfest @ Seirra Nevada. There may even be leiderhosen involved. Enough said.
And now for a story of absurd proportions:
Last Sunday, my friend & I went to Taste of Chico. (An event they schedule in the hottest part of the year, where food and drink vendors sit outside for 4 hours while un-suspecting poison free stomachs consume several tastings & beverages.) Actually its really fun, and I heard there was only one food poisoning outbreak several years ago.
Anyway, while we were roaming around, we passed by one of the trendier salons downtown, and a young girl out front asked us if we wanted to enter a drawing for a free facial. Um, yes please! So we each filled out her card and moved along with our gorging.
Low and behold, I received a call that evening from the facial girl informing me I was her Grand Prize Winner and I won a free facial for me AND 5 friends! And a gift card!!! I told her I was fairly sure I didn't even have 5 girlfriends, but she informed me that I would be surprised how many girlfriends I had when handing out free facials.... I suppose so. So she got my email address & promised to email all the fun details, and we would have this fun girls pampering day the following Saturday (ie; today).
I called my 4 closest girl friends, and my mom who happened to be coming to town that day. Everyone is stoked. And then I get the email....
It sounds great. Exfoliation, moisturizing, lip treatments.... and a gift card for me. Fantastic... and then I see it. The pink signature beneath the gal's name.
Mary Kay
Shit.
This girl is going to be hocking her pink products all during the facial isnt she? So I bribe my beautiful friends with the promise of mimosas pre-facial experience. And I break it to them. Put your training wheels back on your bike of life ladies, we're going to a freaking Mary Kay party.
This girl told me I would have more friends than I ever knew when I was offering up free facials. What she left out was, that I would have no friends when the facials were over, because I scammed them.Thank God I have friends that love me no matter what. (I think. I still have yet to follow up with one or two). There was no facial experience. It was just rubbing cream after cream on my poor unsuspecting face. In fact the best part was when she handed me a hot washcloth to wash off certain products. I'd forgotten how good that can feel. Ha. Oh, and my free gift certificate? That was the 'discount' one gets for hosting a Mary Kay party. $15. Scam.
However, a few enjoyable quotes from our fearless pink product leader:
"When you apply this serum, it opens up your pores and the oil just pours out of them" (visual created)
(When asked about the ingredients in a product) "Well, I dont really know whats in it but just trust me, it's amazing"
and my personal favorite:
"Your skin is an organ, and it goes to sleep at night just like all your other organs do"
The most fantastic part to this whole story is what happened 2 hours later. My friend that was at Taste of Chico with me came to the Mary Kay ambush today. She also had entered the drawing for the facial
She declined.
Seriously, I'm laughing so hard I'm crying right now. I may be peeing a little too.
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT! i've never been invited to one of those things before :( maybe you can invite me the next time i'm in chico? haha
ReplyDelete