Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Long time no blog...!

I only have one lame excuse. I've been working like mad! We just had a trip to Portland, and our anniversary (!) is next weekend, so I'm fitting a lot of work in between.

Portland, though. What an awesome place! We had a friend nice enough to let us crash at his place, which not only kept a potentially expensive trip a lot cheaper, but also really helped us make new friends too. Sandy Ridge is beautiful, and I had myself convinced I was going to race a Super D. Finally. (A Super D is a long downhill race, with some climbing, but not nearly as much climbing, or as long in nature as an XC race. Also usually has more technical downhill features.)

So I practiced it on Saturday, and got relatively excited about the whole thing. But oh, the SMOKE. Northern Oregon was apparently on fire, because the smoke was like summer '09, and my lungs felt like an 80 year old COPD patient by 10 minutes into the course. Eyes burning, watering. Gasping for air. ...ok, Im not entirely sure if that was more to do with the uphill climbs, or the smoke. But needless to say, I didn't sign up.

AND OF COURSE, it was clear and beautiful on Sunday. What the hell? Haha, either way we had a blast, and Scott came in 6th overall for the Oregon Super D series. Pretty darn good since we're talking at least 300+ racers in the whole series. At least!

Next up, anniversary trip. But where to this time???

No comments:

Post a Comment