Monday, August 27, 2012

Waiting.

Patience isn't my strongest suit.

I had an interview last Sunday, and they very encouragingly assured me that they would have decisions made by Friday and an answer to me by that time. For those of you not constantly doing the CA-NZ time-math equation in your heads, I should have had an answer by 10pm Thursday evening.

As you've probably guessed by the title of this post, I don't have an answer yet.

Here's the thing. I felt like the interview went well, but of course I'm an overseas applicant who doesn't intend to start the position until the beginning of 2013. (They knew all of this prior to asking me for an interview). Wellington isn't my first choice location to live. I have three applications put in at a hospital that IS in our first choice location (Nelson). So really, I don't necessarily want this job. I mean, maybe I do. But maybe I don't. But what I do want, is to know how my interview went! And well, they said Friday!

A relevant side note: New Zealand, as a country, is known for this kind of thing. Ask anyone who has relocated from Europe or the US and they'll tell you that everything happens much more slowly. And as a rule, I really like that. I take comfort in the fact that my husband's unbreakable habit of leaving for work 30 seconds before he's supposed to be there won't be a career problem. I like that there isn't an overbearing stress put on all types of punctuality- I mean really, it's gotta be better for the health. So what if the rent is one day late? So what if the mail isnt right on time? I'm sure this lifestyle will be source of frustration in the future (re: future posts)... so feel free to remind me then, that right now I don't think it's such a bad thing.

I'll just have to work on my patience.

In bike related news, I got a new bike! It's called a Pivot Mach 5.7, its carbon fiber, black, grey, white, and PINK. She's soooooo pretty. And the maiden voyage on the Pivot was this weekend in Sisters, OR. Unfortunately, I was the only girl in my class to show up to the event, so I didn't have any competition. Winning first place is pretty sweet, but maybe just a tad anticlimactic when won by default. Regardless, I was fairly happy with my race run- especially the DH sections. My endurance (ie: climbing, traversing...) does leave something a lot to be desired.

Stage 2: Flat & Rocky... out of shape "Huff a Puff" Section
The last of the Oregon Enduro Series (So far Bend, Ashland, Hood River, and now Sisters) is on Mt. Hood in Northern Oregon in two weeks. Because I've gone to all of the events and done fair or well, I have a good shot at being on the podium for the Overall Series Championship (in slow-ass-girl category)!!! So wish me luck! No slacking now!

No comments:

Post a Comment